Most helpful customer reviews
15 of 15 people found the following review helpful.
Great for what it is
By Shawn Gordon
Yes, all the complaints are true. The movies are in good quality, not great, but if you are like me you've gone through many a cheap DVD of spaghetti westerns that looked terrible, at least these movies all look pretty good. Yes, unfortunately it is true that two of these movies are in Italian with no subtitles, a bummer for sure. Other wise this is a cool collection of not often seen movies and the price is unbelievable. If you are fan of Italian genre fare and/or the spaghetti western, this is a good buy.
Check out my reviews at moviezonemagazine.com
0 of 0 people found the following review helpful.
By PIERRE-M DIEUDONNE
73 of 75 people found the following review helpful. See all 27 customer reviews...
The titles included in this set...
By Jeffrey Beeching
...because nowhere can you find WHAT titles are included, these are what's on the set (I received my copy today):
* LOLA COLT (aka BLACK TIGRESS (1967)- with Lola Falana)
* LONG DAYS OF REVENGE
* CALIFORNIA ( (1977)- Starring William Berger & Giuliano Gemma)
* EXECUTION ( (1968)- starring John Richardson)
* KILL DJANGO ( (1971)- Giacomo Rossi-Stuart)
* ONE AFTER ANOTHER (Unknown)
* ADIOS GRINGO ( (1965)- Giuliano Gemma)
* MY NAME IS PECOS (aka DUE ONCE di PIOMBO (1967)- Robert Woods)
* MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU ( (1968)- GEORGE ARDISSON)
* DJANGO: LAST KILLER ( (1967)- George Eastman)
* TWICE A JUDAS (aka THEY WERE CALLED GRAVEYARD (1969) Klaus Kinski & Antoni Sabato)
* TRAIN FOR DJANGO
* GO WITH GOD GRINGO ( (1966)- Glenn Saxson & Aldo Berti)
* RINGO'S BIG NIGHT ( (1966)- William Berger)
* GUN FOR 100 GRAVES (aka PISTOL FOR 100 COFFINS (1968)- Peter Lee Lawrence & John Ireland)
* PREY FOR VULTURES
* FINGER ON THE TRIGGER (aka BLUE LIGHTNING (1965) Rory Calhoun)
* HIS NAME WAS KING (aka Lo Chiamavano King (1971)- Richard Harrison & Klaus Kinski)
* ONE FINE DAY, WHEN DJANGO MET SARTANA
* DJANGO DEFILES SARTANA
* DJANGO AND SARTANA; IT'S THE END ( (1970)- Gordon Mitchell; Jack Betts & Franco Borelli)
* DJANGO SHOOTS FIRST (aka HE WHO SHOOTS FIRST (1966)- Glenn Saxson)
* HALLELUJAH FOR DJANGO ( (1967)- George Eastman & Jack Betts)
* REVENGE OF SARTANA
* RINGO'S MARK OF VENGEANCE
Now- beware that there is all kinds of artifacting on the few that I quickly looked at, because... all 25 flicks are crammed onto ONE Blu-ray disc. The menus are static screen-shots of all 25 films (including misspellings- "REVEGNE"? "FORST"? REALLY?); 5 to a page. And, for some reason, at least one ("LOLA COLT") has an annoying right-corner "bug" from "IRIS Mediaset" and the movie flips back & forth between Italian & English dubbing- not the way to lead off a set. Also, all the titles seem to have the same US video burn titling over the original language titles...
I watched "LOLA COLT" (see above) and "DJANGO SHOOTS FIRST" and "FIRST" is of a decent, clean & quite viewable quality. The others vary, but that's what you get in this kind of budget set...
The nice thing is, if you are buying this collection for just having some of these films (a lot aren't included on the multiple PD sets out there); 50 cents per flick isn't a bad deal.